Asunto:[GAP] Purging George Bush
Fecha:Martes, 20 de Marzo, 2007  15:38:17 (-0600)
Autor:Proyecto Interredes <lacasadelared @.....com>

From: Rudolf Schneider <res@...>
Date: 20-mar-2007 3:12
Subject: Purging George Bush

 Dear Friends,

You will find this remarkable for the truth it contains.

Love,
 Rudolf

*Can George W. Bush Be Purged?*
 *Mayan priests purified their sacred land after Shrub scurried off. Can we
do the same?*
 *By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist* <mmorford@...>*

*Friday, March 16, 2007

Sage is always good. Or maybe lavender. Pine is nice, too. Dried, bundled,
tied with string, burned with hot, divine intent. Would it work? Do we have
enough to go around? This is the question.

I speak, of course, of ritual. Purging and cleansing and purifying and,
truly, burning a nicely dried, blessed smudge
stick<http://ambrosiasrealms.tripod.com/cleansing.htm>;can be a
terrific slice of personal magic, to rid a space (or perhaps even
your own body) of negative juju or vicious spirits or just to make way for
the new and the moist and the good. You can smudge a room. You can create a
divine smoldering cloud and then move through the smoke, invoke change,
purge the negative, invite hot licks of yes. It is a thing to do.

But here's the thing: Can you smudge an entire nation? Do we have enough
lavender for 300 million? It is, all things considered, a big goddamn
country. Windy. Rocky, in places. Could be tricky. Not to mention, you know,
hazy. From all the smoke. Think of the potential traffic accidents.
Coughing.

Important considerations, really, because it is becoming increasingly
evident that a great national purifying ritual is just about exactly what we
need. We are, after all, almost at that point. The Great Bleakness is
nearing its end and you can veritably feel the swarm of uptight BushCo
demons and malicious energies swirling around the country like happy karmic
leeches, like a giant intellectual rash, like black raindrops of dank sweat
from Karl Rove's evil mealy thighs.

To make matters worse, these dark energies, these base spirits were actually
* invited* here by the Powers That Be, by those quivering, shivering,
terrified armies of evangelical right-wing neocon bonk jobs and attorneys
general and sour Supreme Court justices and scowling defense secretaries lo
these past half-dozen years, and this means they shall not leave easily,
despite how it is quickly coming time for them to be shoved back down into
the bowels of fear and shrill egomania whence they came.

We must, therefore, do like the Mayans do. We must follow their divine and
entirely appropriate example, set just recently.

Apparently, George W. Bush -- famed warmonger, despoiler of lands, despiser
of gays and women and science and earthly resource, hapless fascist-wannabe
-- it seems George just visited Guatemala, where he happily trod upon a holy
Mayan site or two and shook hands with wary diplomats and blinked a lot and
mispronounced a hundred different names. You know, same old, same old.

But then something interesting happened. Seems Bush left behind huge
steaming piles of banality wherever he went, and therefore the first thing
Guatemala's holy guardians of the sacred did as soon as Air Force One's
wheels lifted off the ground was, of course, to purify the hallowed
groundour president's shockingly low, nefarious energy had infected.

It's true. Those Mayan priests rushed in right after George left and
cleansed the sacred archeological site upon which Dubya had trod, shooed
away the snickering hordes of bleak spirits that trail behind America's
Great Embarrassment like a sickly fog of ignorance and misprision and
shockingly humiliating grammar.

Yes, we need a grand American ritual. We are, after all, far more deeply
infected than that Mayan site. Does it not seem entirely appropriate? Does
it not make perfect sense? Of course it does.

Ah, but maybe you scoff. Maybe you say what those highly regarded Mayan
priests did was just quaint tribal nonsense, a little savage, silly, pagan.
Truly, most Christians tend to sneer at such things, mock and deride and
denounce even as they kneel before giant gruesome crosses and flock to
pieces of<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/09/AR2007030900076.html>;
suspiciously
burnt toast and make Mel Gibson insanely wealthy.

Christian rituals, if they exist at all, are largely tepid and bland and
might involve, say, a little rosary bead here, a little sip of wine there,
maybe a quick bologna sandwich followed by 4,000 Hail Marys and a bunch of
blind fervent prayers to some grand unhappy deity because, well, most
Christians don't really understand the notion of spirit guides or negative
energies unless it looks really sexy in red leathery skin and black boots
and sharp pointy horns.

I bring this up only because an estimated 75 percent of Americans at least
vaguely identify with the Christian faith, and we can safely presume that
only a wizened handful know how to burn, smudge, cleanse with anything
resembling deep laughter and honest pagan intent and the understanding that
Bush has been more toxic to this nation than Adam Sandler and MySpace and
cheap piss-water domestic beer combined. Would this fact be an obstacle? Can
we please try, anyway?<http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=jesus%20toast&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi>;

We could try water. Sacred baths. Not-so-sacred baths. Any sort of bath,
shower, divine scrub-down involving divine intent and maybe some candles and
a little dish of salt and some blessed soap and the prayer-full idea that
you are sloughing off skanky Bush demons and old skin and past loves and
idiotic politicians.

Can we bathe each other? Hose each other down? We do, after all, have a lot
of water laying around. Bottles and bottles of it stacked to the rooftops of
the nation's Costcos and Wal-Warts like wet plastic kindling. Would this be
sanitary? Do we have proper drainage? Enough soap? Ah, logistics.

Ah, but wait. There is another fabulous possibility. There is, of course,
fire. I love fire. Fire is God's own enema. Fire is the devil's dental
floss. It is beautiful and powerful and dangerous and obvious and fun. As
purgatives go, it can't be beat. Ritualistically, you can burn it all:
incense, candles, locks of hair, photographs, bedsheets, foreign policy
documents, Dick Cheney's black charcoal heart, Jenna Bush's beer bong. Fire
is good. Fire kicks serious spiritual butt. This is what they
say.<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/spiritwolf/cleansing.htm>;

Sure, it won't be easy. We will have to get around the law. Skirt the
federal fire marshal's implied edict that we cannot really have, say, a
National Day of Fire, a grand torching of the toxic memory that is eight
miserable years of the Bush administration.

No matter. It's still worth a try. It is, in fact, mandatory. And this being
America, we can just keep it simple. Obvious. Keep the metaphor so clear
that even celebrities and teenagers and recovering born-again Christians
will understand.

Here is what we can do: We shall burn a bush. Ten thousand bushes. Maybe a
million. Bushes laced with sage, lavender, pine, incense, with eight years
of warmongering and intolerance and those beady squinty vacant eyes. We
shall gather in parks or street corners or fire pits at the beach sometime
next year, and ignite.

We will burn bush. We will burn away Bush. We shall purify and rinse and
cleanse the nation of this horrific and banal poison, once and for all, and
it shall be Good. And those Mayan priests? Why, they'll simply look over and
nod, smile knowingly. They understand completely.

--
CALENDARIO ESPIRITUAL 2007
www.mind-surf.net/redluzcalendario.htm
CASA ATZINGO
www.lacasadelared.com
Portal fisico y virtual a la:
RED CUAUHNAHUAK
www.egrupos.net/grupo/redcuauhnahuak
RED MEXICANA DE CONCIENCIA
www.redconciencia.org.mx
RED ANAHUAK
www.laneta.apc.org/redanahuak
www.elistas.net/lista/redanahuak
RED IBEROAMERICANA DE LUZ
www.redluz-ci.org
www.elistas.net/lista/redluz
www.mind-surf.net/redluz.htm
www.mind-surf.net/comunidad.htm
PROYECTO INTERREDES
www.interredes.org
www.egrupos.net/grupo/interredes
ALGUNAS ALIANZAS
Karina Malpica en España:
www.karinamalpica.net
Jessica Kreimerman en Mexico:
www.casaluna.org.mx
Dana Tir en Argentina:
www.chamanaurbana.com
Abjini Arraiz en Venezuela:
www.portalterraluz.com
Ale Guerra en Chile:
www.aibandu.cl
NUEVAS REDES
www.egrupos.net/grupo/redcolombianadeluz
www.egrupos.net/grupo/redperuanadeluz
www.egrupos.net/grupo/redistmo
www.egrupos.net/grupo/redluzdominicana

               ~ eGrupos: Tu vida digital al completo ~
 Tu propia página, listas, contactos, blogs, fotos, video, música, chat ¡y mucho
más!
                  ->> http://elistas.net/z/b6.f2 <<-