Asunto:[GAP] Fwd: Organics Under Attack
Fecha:Viernes, 4 de Abril, 2014  10:56:09 (-0600)
Autor:REDCONCIENCIA <lacasadelared @.....com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: REDCONCIENCIA <lacasadelared@gmail.com>
Date: 2014-04-04 10:55 GMT-06:00
Subject: Organics Under Attack
To: Iberamerican Web of Light <luxweb@yahoogroups.com>

From: Organic Consumers Association via Causes <no-reply@causesmail.com>
Date: 2014-04-04 8:33 GMT-06:00
To: lacasadelared@gmail.com

Causes

A message from the leader

Organic Consumers Association

Posted By: Organic Consumers Association (campaign leader)

ACTION ALERT: Save Organic Standards!

The OCA has a long history of defending the integrity of organic standards.

Last September, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), under pressure from corporate interests represented by the Organic Trade Association, made our job harder.

They also made it more important than ever for consumers to do their homework, even when buying USDA certified organic products.

Without any input from the public, the USDA changed the way the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) decides which non-organic materials are allowed in organic. The change all but guarantees that when the NOSB meets every six months, the list of non-organic and synthetic materials allowed in organic will get longer and longer.

The USDA's new rule plays to the cabal of the self-appointed organic elite who want to degrade organic standards and undermine organic integrity. For consumers, farmers, co-ops and businesses committed to high organic standards, the USDA's latest industry-friendly move is a clarion call to fight back against the corporate-led, government-sanctioned attack on organic standards.

Read more: Corporate Clout Chips Away at Organic Standards

You'd think an organization called the Organic Trade Association (OTA) would be keen on protecting organic standards. But it was the OTA that played a key role in pressuring the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to weaken the standards for organic. Again.

The USDA didn't ask for our opinion before it made its rule change. But we plan to share it. In person. At the next NOSB meeting, April 29 - May 2, in San Antonio, Texas. We'll deliver this petition to USDA National Organic Program Director Miles McEvoy asking him to reverse this disastrous new rule. Can you sign on? Thanks!

TAKE ACTION: Save organic standards! Tell the USDA to reverse a new rule that weakens organic standards.

SIGN THE PETITION

Causes, 548 4th St, San Francisco, CA 94107 United States | Privacy Policy

Eljzbgkn?d=

DeepSkyColors en Facebook!
Imagenes de nuestro planeta y del Universo desde los ojos de un fotógrafo español Visita la página en Facebook y dale a ME GUSTA!