Inicio > Mis eListas > meshiko > Mensajes

PRENSA CORRUPTA.CO RedLUZ/L
Maiz transgenico e RedLUZ/L
programas Antonio
Greenpeace: con tr RedLUZ/L
Agenda parlamentar RedLUZ/L
No ratifica la OMC RedLUZ/L
Crear una concienc RedLUZ/L
foro internacional Antonio
Que demonios puede RedLUZ/L
programa transicio Antonio
Inauguracion Estac RedLUZ/L
Lalo Guerrero RedLUZ/L
Y DE QUE VIVE UN P RedLUZ/L
Por qué Anáhuac? / RedLUZ/L
FW: INICIATIVA DE RedLUZ/L
Es verdad: ¡aunque Diego Gu
invitacion Antonio
Equidad de género Humanida
La cultura bajo el RedLUZ/L
COMIDA VIERNES 5 / RedLUZ/L
ALERTA / NO DIVULG RedLUZ/L
Noticias de El Sal Oscar Ma
Andalucía Libre Andaluci
II Semana Cultural RedLUZ/L
Directorio Kaput RedLUZ/L
Septiembre 10 / Di RedLUZ/L
Los Centzontles / RedLUZ/L
Cancun sera otro S RedLUZ/L
Conferencia de Pre ADRIAN G
Marcha del Silenci RedLUZ/L
bp conclusiones fo Antonio
1968 / 35 Aniversa RedLUZ/L
Jubileo Sur frente RedLUZ/L
LA GUIA DE LA COMU RedLUZ/L
Sobre el Tema de l RedLUZ/L
Vamos a hablar de RedLUZ/L
Cancun Update: We RedLUZ/L
Plantea Bové movi RedLUZ/L
Dia Mundial Sin Au RedLUZ/L
MARCHAS EN MAS DE RedLUZ/L
Ultimo boletin del RedLUZ/L
Kafka en Cancun RedLUZ/L
Endorse the Immigr RedLUZ/L
Gente que Vibra RedLUZ/L
Nicaragua: Gran Ma RedLUZ/L
Angel de Mexico / RedLUZ/L
COMITÉS ATTAC.MX++ RedLUZ/L
ATTAC MEXICO / Alt RedLUZ/L
News no comercial "Nws
Dia Nacional de la RedLUZ/L
 << 50 ant. | 50 sig. >>

MESHIKO - LATINOAMERICA

Asunto:[MESHIKO] Endorse the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride! / Sept 20-Oct 4
Fecha:Jueves, 18 de Septiembre, 2003  03:22:39 (-0500)
Autor:RedLUZ/LUXWeb <redluz @...............mx>

Endorse the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride! / Sept 20-Oct 4

* * * * * * * * * *

Beginning on September 20th, nearly one thousand immigrant workers and their allies will board buses in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Chicago, Houston, Miami and Boston and cross the United States over the next 12 days... (more)

Legalization and
A Road to Citizenship

http://www.iwfr.org

Just as the Freedom Rides of the early 1960¹s exposed the brutality of legal segregation in the South, the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride will expose the injustice of current policies toward immigrants.

Immigrant workers work hard, pay taxes, and sacrifice for their families. They work as construction workers, doctors, nurses, janitors, meat packers, chefs, busboys, engineers, farm workers, and soldiers. They care for our children, tend to our elderly, pick and serve our food, build and clean our houses, and want what we all want: a fair shot at the American Dream.

But our broken immigration system keeps millions of hardworking immigrants from becoming full members and enjoying equal rights in this nation of immigrants. As a result, many are subjected to exploitation, separated from loved ones, and unprotected by our laws. The road to citizenship needs a new map. The Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride intends to help draw that map.

The destination? Policies that work for immigrants and for all Americans. Policies consistent with our most noble principles and sacred values. Policies that: 1) Reward work by granting legal status to hardworking, taxpaying, law-abiding immigrant workers already established in the United States; 2) Renew our democracy by clearing the path to citizenship and full political participation for our newest Americans; 3) Restore labor protections so that all workers, including immigrant workers, have the right to fair treatment on the job 4) Reunite families in a timely fashion by streamlining our outdated immigration policies; and 5) Respect the civil rights and civil liberties of all so that immigrants are treated equally under the law, the federal government remains subject to checks and balances, and civil rights laws are meaningfully enforced.

We draw our inspiration from the Freedom Riders of the early 1960¹s. The original Freedom Riders are American heroes who demonstrated that when ordinary people show extraordinary courage, a movement for sweeping social change can be sparked. We hope to make our contribution by widening and extending the road they traveled so that it includes immigrant workers and their families in the ongoing struggle against exploitation and exclusion, and in support of liberty and justice for all.

Join us in drawing a new map for the road to citizenship.

Support the Freedom Ride by Making a Donation Online Today!

Endorse the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride!
http://www.iwfr.org

For more information, contact the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride at iwfride@immigrantworkersfreedomride.com

NEWS

Riding Across America for Immigrant Workers
9/17/2003.
New York Times

Hartford Court of Common Council Passes Resolution Supporting the Freedom Ride
9/17/2003.

A journey to promote better treatment of illegal immigrants
9/16/2003.
Times Record News

Activists take to road for immigration reform
9/15/2003.
Rocky Mountain News

Activists take to road for immigration reform
9/15/2003.
Rocky Mountain News

Concejo apoya el Camino a la ciudadanía
9/15/2003.
La Opinion Digital

The seeds of discontent
9/14/2003.
North Jersey Media Guide

and more...

Facts!
Civil Rights History and the Original Freedom Rides
€Social Security No-Match Letters
€Immigrants are a Plus for our Economy
€Immigrants Pay Their Way
€Naturalized Immigrants Pay More than Their Share
€Immigrant Workers are Essential to the U.S. Economy
€Immigrants Are Net Contributors to Social Security and Medicare
and more...

IBERAMERICAN WEB OF LIGHT
luxweb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com